Friday, February 22, 2008

Got Signs?

I found a great Tiger message board thread on poster/sign ideas for tomorrow’s game.

There are lots of good suggestions for the obligatory ESPN signs. My favorite:

MEMPHIS:
Every

School's
Postseason
Nightmare

Some other good ones:

pEarl
Sweats
Profusely
toNite

WE
Stay
Perfect
ToNight
(This one has probably been used already.)

These are funny but just might not make it onto TV (defeating the purpose).

nilEs
Slaps
Punks in
oraNge

Expect a
Slap from
Pierre
Niles

Other, non-ESPN signs:

U of M: Finishing What the Patriots Started
(I like this reference to an undefeated season, but there’s some debate as to whether this sign might jinx us.)

We Smoke Volunteers, Not Marijuana
(Again, no chance of making it on TV, but funny nonetheless)

Vol. It’s what’s for Dinner.

KICK 'EM IN THE VOLS

We'll Beat the #2 out of you

I’d rather lose ‘em all
Than be a Vol

A couple of other funny sayings I’ve seen elsewhere:

Vols drop from No. 2 in the nation to No. 3 in the state

Tigers: No. 1 in the country
Vols: No. 2 on campus


Vols<Lady Vols

Got any great ideas of your own? Post them on the thread or email them to me at allthingsmemphis@yahoo.com and I’ll post them for you.

GO TIGERS GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, a Tennessee fan walks into the doctor’s office with a frog on his head.

The doctor says, “What’s the problem?”

The frog says, “Can you take this wart off my ass!”

Anonymous said...

When shooting under 60% on free throws, the TIGERS are undefeated!